Huntington Beach Field Trip
New Hope Audubon Society (NHAS) is the chapter of the National Audubon Society that serves Chatham, Durham, and Orange counties in central North Carolina–including Carrboro, Chapel Hill, Durham, Hillsborough, and Pittsboro.
The mission of the New Hope Audubon Society is to promote the conservation and enjoyment of birds, other wildlife, and ecosystems, focusing on Chatham, Durham, and Orange counties.
NHAS Membership Meeting Speakers for 2016 – 2017
Our membership meetings are held in the Visitor Education Center at the North Carolina Botanical Garden, 100 Old Mason Farm Road, Chapel Hill, on the first Thursday of every month (except June, July, and August). Everyone, including non-members, is welcome! See you at a meeting soon!
New Hope Audubon is a volunteer organization without an office or an office phone. Please use our email address to contact us, and we will get back to you as soon as possible. You may also use our mailing address, but our response may be slower:
New Hope Audubon Society
PO Box 2693
Chapel Hill, NC, 27515.
Or email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
New Hope Audubon Society (NHAS) is governed by a board of directors with duties outlined in the chapter by-laws. Officers are elected at the May membership meeting and serve through the following April. Committee and special project people are appointed by the board–volunteers are always welcome! Below is a list of current officers and committee chairs.
- President: Robert “Bo” Howes
- Vice President: Mark Kosiewski
- Secretary: Pat Reid
- Treasurer: Vern Bothwell
- Director: Jim George
- Director: John Kent
- Director: Pam Timmons
- Immediate Past President: Tom Driscoll
Committee Chairs and Special Projects
- Archivist: Tommy Richey
- Important Bird Area, Eno River: Tom Driscoll
- Bird Friendly Habitat: Jim George, Barbara Driscoll
- Important Bird Area, Jordan Lake: Jennifer Fenwick
- Bird Seed Sale: Mary George
- Membership Chair: Anne Dayer
- Christmas & Spring Bird Counts: Norm Budnitz
- Publicity Chair: Caroline Gilmore
- Conservation Chair: Mark Kosiewski
- Newsletter Editor: Pat Reid
- Eagle Count: Steve McMurray
- Program Chair: Mark Kosiewski
- Education Chairs: Mary George, Tommy Richey
- Stream Watch: John Kent
- Field Trip Chair: David Anderson
- Webmasters: Norm Budnitz, Jim George
- Hospitality Chair: Jill Paul
- Wildlife Observation Platform: Bo Howes
If you would like to download our New Hope Audubon Society full-color brochure with beautiful drawings of feathers by Mike Skakuj, please click here.
Constitution and By-Laws
In 2011, New Hope Audubon Society updated and amended its Constitution and By-Laws. Click here for a PDF version of these documents.