Join us for an extended weekend of birding in eastern North Carolina.
- Dates: Friday to Monday, January 12-15, 2018 (Friday to Monday, Martin Luther King, Jr. weekend).
- Leaders: David Anderson, Vern Bothwell, Norm Budnitz, Tom Driscoll
- Cost: A donation of $50 to New Hope Audubon Society. Participants are
responsible for their own room, board, and transportation.
- Limit: 18 people. 2 spaces left. Contact Norm Budnitz at email@example.com to reserve a spot.
- Itinerary and suggested lodging, subject to change depending on weather:
(The bridge over the Alligator River will be closed for repairs, so this itinerary takes that into account.)
Friday, 1/12: Drive to Plymouth, NC, and visit Pungo Lake for the late afternoon waterfowl show (if there is one). Lodging, Holiday Inn Express in Plymouth (make your own reservations).
Saturday, 1/13: Lake Phelps, Lake Mattamuskeet, then on to the Outer Banks. Lodging, 2 nights at the Comfort Inn, 8031 Old Oregon Inlet Road, Nags Head (make your own reservations).
Sunday, 1/14: Oregon Inlet, Bodie Island, Pea Island, Jeanette’s Pier, and other Outer Banks areas.
Lodging, Comfort Inn again.
Monday, 1/15: Alligator River National Wildlife Refuge, then head home.
Contact Norm Budnitz at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a spot.