Huntington Beach Field Trip
New Hope Audubon Society (NHAS) is the chapter of the National Audubon Society that serves Chatham, Durham, and Orange counties in central North Carolina–including Carrboro, Chapel Hill, Durham, Hillsborough, and Pittsboro.
The mission of the New Hope Audubon Society is to promote the conservation and enjoyment of birds, other wildlife, and ecosystems, focusing on Chatham, Durham, and Orange counties.
NHAS Membership Meetings
Our membership meetings are held in the Visitor Education Center at the North Carolina Botanical Garden, 100 Old Mason Farm Road, Chapel Hill, on the first Thursday of every month (except June, July, and August). Everyone, including non-members, is welcome! See you at a meeting soon!
New Hope Audubon is a volunteer organization without an office or an office phone. Please use our email address to contact us, and we will get back to you as soon as possible. You may also use our mailing address, but our response may be slower:
New Hope Audubon Society
PO Box 2693
Chapel Hill, NC, 27515.
Or email us directly at email@example.com
New Hope Audubon Society (NHAS) is governed by a board of directors with duties outlined in the chapter by-laws. Officers are elected at the May membership meeting and serve through the following April. Committee and special project people are appointed by the board–volunteers are always welcome! Below is a list of current officers and committee chairs.
- President: Barbara Driscoll
- Vice President: David Anderson
- Secretary: Mary George
- Treasurer: Vern Bothwell
- Director: Elizabeth Keating
- Director: Marcia Mandel
- Director: Clarke French
- Immediate Past President: Tommy Richey
Committee Chairs and Special Projects
- Archivist: vacant
- Bird Friendly Habitat Co-chairs: Barbara Driscoll, Jim George
- Bird Seed Sale: Elizabeth Keating
- Christmas & Spring Bird Counts: Norm Budnitz
- Conservation Chair: David Anderson
- Eagle Count: Steve McMurray
- Education Co-chairs: Anne Geer, Gail Boyarsky
- Field Trip Chair: David Anderson
- Hospitality Chair: Jill Paul
- Important Bird Area, Eno River: Vern Bothwell
- Important Bird Area, Jordan Lake: Pat Reid
- Liaison to Audubon NC and National Audubon: Anne Dayer
- Membership Chair: Mary George
- Program Chair: Tom Driscoll
- Publicity Chair: Pam Timmons
- Stream Watch: John Kent
- Webmasters: Norm Budnitz, Jim George
- Wildlife Observation Platform: Bo Howes
If you would like to download our New Hope Audubon Society full-color brochure please click here.
Constitution and By-Laws
In 2011, New Hope Audubon Society updated and amended its Constitution and By-Laws. Click here for a PDF version of these documents.