UNC Science Expo
New Hope Audubon Society (NHAS) is a chapter of the National Audubon Society. We hold monthly meetings for our members, September through May. To become a member of New Hope Audubon, you have a couple of choices:
- Join National Audubon (and automatically become a member of NHAS).
- Join as a Local Member of New Hope Audubon (with or without joining National).
Benefits of joining National Audubon include receiving the AUDUBON magazine and automatically becoming a member of your local Audubon. National Audubon assigns its new members to local chapters by Zip Codes. Our members live in Chatham, Durham, Orange and parts of surrounding counties. Here’s a map of our territory:
Joining as a Local Member, with or without joining National, will mean that your yearly dues will be used directly to benefit NHAS local projects and outreach. In contrast, if you just join National, only your first year dues benefit NHAS. As a suggestion for families, one member of the family could join National so you receive the magazine, and another could join locally to benefit our programs.
- To join National Audubon click here to go to the National Audubon Society website. Yearly dues are $20 with $12.50 of that being tax deductible. Please enter R54 as the Chapter code for New Hope Audubon Society to assure your membership in NHAS. Please also fill out our online volunteer form indicating your interests, if you have not done so already.
- To join or renew your yearly dues as a Local Member of the New Hope Audubon Society by writing a check, mail your check to PO Box 2693, Chapel Hill, NC, 27515. Renewals of local membership are due in January of each year. Note on the memo line of your check whether this is for “new local membership” or “local membership renewal.” If the names or address are not correct on your check, please include a note with the correct names and address. Please also fill out our online volunteer form indicating your interests, if you have not done so already.
- To join or renew your yearly dues as a Local Member of the New Hope Audubon Society using a credit card, PayPal or Venmo account, please fill out the membership form below (if you have a PayPal account but wish to use a credit card, please use an email address that isn’t affiliated with the Paypal account – this will allow the transaction to go through smoothly).
Renewals of local membership are due in January of each year. Please also fill out our online volunteer form indicating your interests, if you have not done so already.
- Local membership dues are $10 for student, $20 for individual, and $30 for family.
After submitting your form, please scroll up to see the payment link.