Join us for an extended weekend of birding in the Chesapeake Bay area of southeastern Virginia.
- Dates: Friday to Monday, January 18-21, 2019 (Friday to Monday, Martin Luther King, Jr. weekend).
- Leaders: Vern Bothwell, Norm Budnitz, Tom Driscoll
- Cost: A donation of $60 to New Hope Audubon Society (NHAS). This will cover entrance fees for special field trips listed below. Participants are responsible for their own room, board, transportation, and tolls.
- Limit: 14 people. Trip is full.
- Itinerary and suggested lodging, subject to change depending on weather:
Friday, 1/18: Drive to the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel (CBBT) in Virginia and meet at a location to be determined. Suggested lodging, 1st night at Kiptopeke Inn, 29106 Lankford Highway, Cape Charles, VA 23310, P: 757-331-1000 (make your own reservation).
Saturday, 1/19: Morning, special trip to Fisherman’s Island. Afternoon, to be determined. Suggested lodging, 2nd night at Kiptopeke Inn (make your own reservation).
Sunday, 1/20: Morning, special trip to CBBT Island #4. Afternoon, Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge. Suggested lodging, Best Western, Chincoteague Island, 7105 Maddox Blvd, Chincoteague, VA, 23336. P: 757-336-6557 (make your own reservation after 12/26; ask for special NHAS rate).
Monday, 1/21: Morning, to be determined. Afternoon, return home.
Contact Norm Budnitz at firstname.lastname@example.org